The other day I was driving down the road totally rocking out to Def Leppard. Until I noticed which station it was on … Easy Listening.
Not Hair Nation– where you would expect to find a band from the 80’s with hair. But Easy Listening–which plays Lionel Richie.
Hell–oooo! It is not him I am looking for.
I took that as a sign that I am getting old. Here are a few more:
1. I have an Easy Listening station programmed into my stereo.
2. It’s one of my top three.
3. The word hooligan comes to mind every time I see a teen-ager.
4. I had to read name tags at my 20 year high school reunion to remember who my former hooligan friends were.
5. I’ve called the cops to shut down my neighbors’ loud, racuous parties.
6. I just used the words “racuous” and “hooligan” in one blogpost.
But, as I am a glass-half-full type of gal, there are some signs that I’m not totally over the hill yet:
1. I can still figure out how to program my stereo (barely, but still…).
2. I think I’ll go ahead and move that Easy Listening station a little further down the list.
3. Teen-agers are actually hooligans, so everybody over the age of 30 is probably thinking the same thing.
4. I didn’t need a name tag to remember my own name. Not that night anyway.
5. I haven’t called them before 10:00.
6. At least I know what a blogpost is (though still unsure of its purpose…)
So, you see, I’m not that old.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, it’s time for my nightly glass of prune juice.